Content Marketing for EcommerceMarch 22nd, 2018
People often think of content marketing as an endless and tiresome process of writing thousands and thousands of words for a blog or website, but actually content marketing is an intriguing and essential element of modern e-commerce.
If an online business manages to implement effective content marketing for its website and social media presence, this naturally increases the site traffic and gains organic search rankings thus raising brand awareness and improving sales.
Also, good quality and interesting content inevitably leads to getting linked by others and thus helps drive referral traffic as well.
Still, many online businesses find it difficult to enhance traffic and search engine ratings due to lack of proper understanding of the content marketing process.
Here are some common misconceptions which e-commerce owners have about content marketing:
- The more words you write and post – the more effective the post will be. This is not true. Lengthy posts can be impressive, but at the same time they can actually turn away users and customers who don’t have the time or the interest in reading an endless and ill-structured post.
- Blogs are the only and best form of content marketing. This is not entirely true. In some cases, posting good quality and attention-grabbing images, videos or customer reviews can do wonders for your website and for your online business.
- Obvious product placing is key. Well, not necessarily. There are examples of online businesses relying on posts and stories where the product or service offered is barely noticeable. Instead, they provide intriguing content or journalistic style stories on topics related to their target audience, which capture and keep the attention of potential customers.
- Content marketing is always about writing. This too proves to be a myth. Video has become an increasingly popular form of content marketing in the latest years. More users prefer to watch online videos instead of reading lengthy blogs and stories, which is why a growing number of successful e-commerce businesses are using videos to attract customers and visits and promote sales. Using product-related videos such as demos, tutorials, unboxing and other video posts has been proven to increase conversions for a large number of online businesses in the latest years.
- Celebrities will sell your products better than non-celebrity influencer marketing bloggers. This is not always true. The latest statistics and tendencies show that over 30% of the people are more likely to purchase a product based on the recommendations of a trusted, yet non-celebrity blogger. This tendency has led even the leading brands to turn to influencer content marketing. Engaging customers and users to share their own experiences with your brand on your website or via social media is an excellent way to raise brand awareness.
So, how to decide which type of content marketing is most suitable for your business?
To resolve this issue, you need to find the answers to the following questions:
- Who are the ideal customers for you?
- What do your customers really want?
- Does the content you provide resonate on their needs?
- What are your customers passionate about and interested in?
- What are the common values which your customers share?
After you have the answers to these questions, you need to decide on the best platform to reach over to potential customers and to attract old ones. Take a look at your competition and use common sense to decide whether to rely on YouTube, Facebook, Instagram or your website blog or any other internet platform to best serve the needs of your potential clients and to attract more traffic. It really helps to find the most effective content marketing publications and develop your own based on that.
Now you have the information you don't want to order. Guys check out our brand new video presentations