LinkedIn and its effect on the HR businessApril 2nd, 2018
Social media has changed our lives and nearly all industries, but LinkedIn is definitely the platform which has had the most profound effect on human resources and headhunting.
LinkedIn has been growing continuously since it was first launched back in 2002 as one of the first social media platforms. It has completely changed the way which businesses and other organizations recruit employees, and it is no wonder it has become an essential part of the toolkit of every HR professional.
If you are wondering whether you are using LinkedIn properly to find the perfect job, or to find new talents for your business or to promote your organization, and whether you are using this amazing platform to its full potential, here are some of the main points to focus on:
- Create and build your personal brand. You don’t need to be a CEO or a celebrity to work on creating your own unique brand to stand out from the millions of other users registered at LinkedIn. It is one of the best ways to build and promote your personal brand. You can do it by working on improving your profile in a way which will place in the right position for the job you want rather than just listing your previous experience. You should also consider adding media to your profile, such as: videos, presentations, articles or others. This will show your potential employers or partners what you can actually do instead of them having to read through your profile to find that out. Also, make sure you work on earning recommendations and endorsements from people in your LinkedIn network.
- Promote the culture of your company by using status updates as well as by properly structuring your company page so that it can resonate well with both customers as well as with potential job candidates too. You can use LinkedIn Career Pages to attract future employees especially if you are in a business or area where talented employees are difficult to find.
- Make sure you take advantage of LinkedIn Groups, especially if you are an HR professional. The Groups vary by geographic area, industry and interest, so you can connect to the most suitable job candidates and industry partners. You need to be active in the Groups and make contributions if you want to stand out and attract potential talents. Groups are also an excellent resource of information, as so many members and companies gladly share relevant information there on a daily basis.
- Utilize LinkedIn for your research. More than 300 million people are registered on the platform which means that you can discover the right person for the job you are offering. Also thanks to the structure of LinkedIn you can easily see all network interconnections and find possible ways to best contact a person of interest.
- Explore the paid solutions provided by LinkedIn. Premium membership will give you an opportunity to do deeper researches with better results, as well as the ability to contact other members via message even if they are not directly connected to you. You can utilize other paid enterprise solutions offered by LinkedIn depending on the specific needs of your organization.
- Try out the LinkedIn Tools offered by BestToolbars. This is customizable software which can be tailor made to suit your needs and allow you to easily collect and analyze the data you need on LinkedIn via a web interface, a browser toolbar or a browser extension.
By using all of the advantages which LinkedIn provides, you will be able to position yourself properly on the human resource market, or find the best people for the job positions you have open.Now you have the information you don't want to order. Guys check out our brand new video presentations