Removing unwanted toolbars from browsersJune 24th, 2016
If you are a regular Internet user, you probably have come across with an unnecessary toolbar getting stuck to your browser, and annoyingly reappearing no matter how hard you try to hide it or remove it.
The truth is, that there are hundreds of toolbars which can be added to your browser without you realising you have allowed them to. The problem is that some toolbars will slow the browsing experience, they can highjack the searches you do and can track your Internet browsing activity. Of course not every toolbar is bad. Some are quite useful and have handy toolbar options actually, but here is a brief explanation of how to get rid of unwanted toolbars from different browsers.
The Internet Explorer now has a menu appearing on the bottom warning you that an extension which is being installed wants to change the settings of the browser.
- If you already have one which is bothering you, here is how to disable it in Internet Explorer. Click the gear icon on the top right corner of the browser window and choose “Manage add-ons”. Select “Toolbars and extensions” from the menu to the left and choose the one which you want to disable. Click the bottom right “disable” button and you’re ready.
- If you want to uninstall it, go to the Windows Start menu and choose the Control Panel option. Go to Programs, and choose “Uninstall a program”. Find the extension in question and click uninstall.
- To get rid of all Internet Explorer extensions which have become installed on your browser over time, you can reset the browser to its original state. Do this by clicking on the gear icon on the top right corner and choosing “Internet Options”. Choose the “Advance” option and click the “Reset” button. You need to click “reset” on the confirmation message which appears, and the browser will be clean and reset the next time you restart it.
Removing a toolbar from Google Chrome
- Look in the program list in the Control Panel, program uninstall option. If you see it there, uninstall it from there.
- If you can’t find it in the uninstall program panel, you will have to remove it from the Chrome browser itself. Click on the icon with three horizontal lines on the browser’s top right corner. Choose “Settings”, select the “Extensions” option from the menu on the left. Scroll down and find the toolbar you want to get rid of and just click on the little trashcan icon right to it. When Chrome asks you whether you want to confirm that you want to delete it, just click “Yes”. The extension will be removed immediately, no need for a restart.
But at the same time, if you think that you have a great idea for your own toolbar, you can always use the professional services of experienced toolbar developers, such as Besttoolbars. The Company has more than 15 years of experience in creating unique customised toolbars and add-ons for all Internet Browsers, and specialises in developing toolbars for sales, customer support, voip providers, e-commerce, search engines and much more.
If you have a question about our services, do not hesitate to send us a message.
Now you have the information you don't want to order. Guys check out our brand new video presentations